Sports massage is an effective technique for releasing tension and restoring balance to the musculoskeletal system. Sports massage is the management, manipulation and rehabilitation of soft tissues of the body including muscles, tendons and ligaments. It can be used as a standalone treatment, as part of your physiotherapy treatment and rehabilitation, as a maintenance programme, or as a form of relaxation.
- Improve circulation and lymphatic flow
- Assist in the removal of metabolic waste (e.g. lactic acid or swelling)
- Sedate or stimulate nerve endings
- Increase or decrease muscle tone and tension
- Increase or decrease muscle flexibility
- Remodel scar tissue when required
- Assist in mental preparation for activities and sporting participation boosting performance
- Reduce anxiety and stress
You do not need to be a sports performer to benefit from a sports massage. The benefits above can also help relieve the many day to day problems, repetitive strain injury, sprains, tension, fatigue that everyone experiences. Massage can be used with a great range of patients in assisting with preventive treatment and injury recovery. If you are a sports performer, of any level, a sports specific massage can be beneficial at various stages of participation. For example: The conditioning / training phase, pre competition, inter competition, post competition, post travel, injury prevention and injury recovery
Regardless of your experiences in sport or exercise, whether you exercise socially or compete to an international level – sports massage may have something to offer you.
If you have any questions about our sports massage services please feel free to contact us by clicking here...